3 Academic Credit Hours (October 11 – December 20, 2023)
The History of Messianic Jews
Course will be held via Zoom on Wednesdays , 4 – 7 PM Israel Time
REGISTRATION is OPEN till Oct 10, 2023
This course will survey the history of Jewish followers of Jesus. The trends and developments of Jewish-Christian relations throughout history will serve as the backdrop as we examine the accomplishments, trials, and successes of this often neglected group. The course will also highlight God’s faithfulness in keeping His promise of a remnant.
The lessons will be held through a Zoom format, consisting of lectures and interactive discussions between all participants. There will be 10 three hour (with breaks) live zoom lectures. Recordings will be available to registered students to watch multiple times during the time of the course and for six weeks after it ends. It won’t be possible to download video lectures to personal PC.
We cannot ensure the quality of zoom recordings should technical failures occur. We also cannot guarantee that all parts will be recorded. Therefore, it is NOT possible to register for recordings only. Students need to participate in all live lectures.
- To challenge prevailing ecclesiastical attitudes regarding the nature of both Judaism and Christianity.
- To evaluate historic decisions and beliefs in light of Scripture.
- To expose students to specific Jewish believers in Jesus who have made significant contributions.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Students will gain a deeper appreciation of God’s faithfulness.
- Students will better understand the importance in sharing the gospel with Jews and Gentiles.
- Students will gain a better understanding of scripture and their own faith.
Course Dates and Topics :
|October 11, 2023||New Testament era|
|October 18, 2023||Church Fathers and Mishnah|
|October 25, 2023||Byzantine and Talmudic|
|November 1, 2023||Dark Ages|
|November 8, 2023||High Middle Ages|
|November 15, 2023||Renaissance and Reformation|
|November 22, 2023||Thanksgiving Break – no class|
|November 29, 2023||Enlightenment|
|December 6, 2023||Holocaust and Post Holocaust|
|December 13, 2023||Israel|
|December 20, 2023||Modern Period|
Instructor: Dr. David Mishkin
David Mishkin is a Jewish Messianic believer in Yeshua and an elder of HaMaayan Messianic Congregation in Kfar Saba, Israel. He holds an MA in Intercultural and Jewish Studies, and PhD in Biblical and Religious Studies. He serves on the faculty of Israel College of the Bible in Netanya, Israel. His teaching field concentration is on Jewish History, Jewish-Christian Relations, and Historical Jesus. Dr. David Mishkin has published several scholarly articles and books including, A Handbook of the Jewish Roots of the Gospels, co-edited with Craig A. Evans, Tyndale, 2021, A Handbook on the Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith, co-edited with Craig A. Evans, Peabody: Hendrickson, 2019, Jewish Scholarship on the Resurrection of Jesus, Eugene: Pickwick, 2017, Rabbi and Redeemer: Discovering Yeshua in the Gospel of John, Cincinnati: Messianic Jewish Literature, 2010, The Wisdom of Alfred Edersheim, Eugene: Wipf and Stock, 2008, The Emerging Jewish Views of the Messiahship of Jesus and Their Bearing on the Question of His Resurrection, HTS Teologiese Studies, 71, no 1, art #2881, and more.
Live Lectures via Zoom
- October 11 – December 20, 2023, Wednesdays , 4 – 7 PM GMT+3 (Israel Time)
- Language: English
- Skarsaune, Oskar and Hvalvik, Reidar, ed. Jewish Believers in Jesus: The Early Centuries. Peabody: Hendrickson.
- Evans, Craig A. and Mishkin, David. 2017. A Handbook on the Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith. Peabody, MA; Hendrickson.
- For Personal Enrichment – $249 USD
- For Academic Credit – $750 USD
- DTS Students – $450
*These fees do not include required textbooks
**Payment is non-refundable